Four Children and It- Jacqueline Wilson

I think people who have read a few of Jacqueline Wilson's books would know that it's mainly about children whose parents are separated.

Hi, I am Rosalind and me and my brother Robbie, live with our mum. Some fashionable lady called Alice came and stole our dad away. Mum has gone to some summer course, so I'm in dad's new house staying with him (I am happy about that), Alice (I hate her especially because she's very dainty and is more fashionable than mum and because she lured dad away), Smash (Her actual name is Samantha, but she hates it, she is always bullying Robbie and irritating me so so so much and she hates everyone.) and Maudie (I absolutely adore her! Even Smash does- everyone does! that little toddler can make everyone do whatever she wants them too). 

Anyway, I love reading, Robbie loves his plastic animals and cooking, Smash loves... well I don't know what she loves...maybe being mean...oh, she loves doing dangerous stuff and Maudie loves the Psammead... I completely forgot! You don't know what or who a Psammead is. Well that's the "It". This is what a Psammead looks like: 

 I know, I know, you must be laughing right now thinking 'What?! What on earth is that?!'  This answer is : A Psammead . OK fine, fine! I read about it in a story book called 'Five Children and It' by E. Nesbit (She's the same person who wrote Railway Children). In that book, there a five children called Anthea, Jane, Robert, Cyril and the Lamb. The Lamb is not a lamb, it's the nickname of the fifth child and he was the same age as Maudie. These children were from the Edwardian Era and they too found the Psammead (In fact. they were the first). Now, you might be thinking, 'But what does a Psammead do?' A Psammead is actually a fairy- a sand fairy and as you saw in the picture, not a pretty one. Anyway, a Psammead grants wishes and me, Robbie, Smash and Maudie made spectacular wishes. I hate to admit it, but Smash's were the best... If you want to know what those wishes are then read the book I wrote called 'Four Children and It'!


I loved reading the book and I think you will too! Sorry I put Psammead many times. I just love saying it... PSAMMEAD!! one more thing keeeeeeeeeep commenting!