Five Point Someone - Chetan Bhagat



I heard Chetan Bhagat's books are very popular and interesting, so I was very happy to receive his book as a birthday gift. Half way through I realised I had lost interest in it and wanted to complete it just for the sake of it. Once I start a book, I have to complete it, otherwise I would be fidgety and not be able to focus on anything. Therefore: The more I read, the more I wanted to put it down, the more I intended to finish it (if that makes sense).



While reading, I found that at many places in the story he could have been brief. At some places he could have told more about the characters.


I am sure you are aware that the Hindi movie '3 Idiots' was based on this book, but frankly, there are just one or two similarities. Also, I liked the movie much more than the book.

I was told many college students love his books, so maybe I would like this book when I reach that age. Essentially it is a story about three IIT students facing the pressure of college. There seems to be a lot of suffering.

If you don't want to go to IIT, give this book to your parents to convince them!