Twilight and New Moon - Stephanie Meyer

Dear readers, I am truly sorry for not being regular with my posts. I will try to be more regular from now onwards.

I have heard many praises about this book from my fellow classmates, so I thought I could give it a try. My opinion: Boooooooooring. The first book was okay. The only thing that kept me going through the first book was the character of Edward Cullen (A vampire). Edward Cullen is a very fun - loving character and made quite a lot of jokes. All the way from where Bella Swan thinks about Edward's actions and behaviour and realises that he is a vampire to the part where she goes to meet his family was interesting.

The second book... Oh my! How depressing! Edward and his family leave Forks town for some reason and the character - Bella Swan is just unaware of her surrounding. She loses most of the few friends she made. She just keeps concentrating on her misery and keeps on babbling about some sort of hole in her chest, that she is incomplete without Edward. Then she starts having these hallucinations of his voice. Every time she does something reckless she hears his voice warning her. She makes a new friend - Jacob (a werewolf) and she thinks the hole is slowly mending. All she talks about is how big he's growing, how good he is at mechanics, etc. Later he joins some sort of gang and she sees him less often and suddenly the hole started growing again. Great, just what we need!

I did not have the patience to read through the rest of the second book. If you have another opinion, I'd love to hear it. I might receive some positive light on the book.